There comes a time when your iPhone will eventually break down or have to be replaced for a newer model. In some cases, many users would tend to forget to backup stored images, videos, contacts and other information in their mobile phone, leading to the loss of these very important data. This is why it is essential for iPhone users to backup their data regularly.
In this article, we will show you how to backup iPhone data to make sure you will be able to recover all the data you need from your mobile phone from another device or platform.
Below are easy steps on how to backup your iPhone:
- Install Apple iTunes onto your computer.
- Create an Apple ID.
- Open Apple iTunes software on your computer or laptop, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Power On your iPhone device and connect to your computer running iTunes using the appropriate Apple Cord.
- Locate your device Icon in iTunes on the left menu and click on it.
- PC Users Press (CTRL + S), Mac Users (CTRL + RIGHT CLICK) to toggle the side bar. You should now see information about your iPhone and a Backups box right beneath it.
- Choose how you want to back up your data. You have two options. #1 – Backup to your computer. #2 – Backup to iCloud. You are only allowed to back up 5 GB’s worth of data for free. Anything over that amount will cost you money to increase your storage size.
- Hit the “Back Up Now”
Do note that some steps may differ depending on either the model of your phone or the iOS version.
Backing up may take a few minutes or even more depend on the size of the data. Once the backup procedure is complete, make sure you verify that is successful by clicking on the “iTunes” in the menu, then “Preferences.”
If the backup is successful, your device’s name will appear next to the time the backup was created. If you have made the backup more than once, it will be sorted by date. If you’re worried about finding the backup that you made across different gadgets, then the backup will be shown by name.
To know more about how to backup iPhone, simply head on over to howdoibackupmyiphone.com!